I’m still recovering from writing the round-up last night for May’s Recipes for Life, so I’m keeping this post short and sweet.
The three ingredients for June’s Recipes for Life are salmon (fresh, smoked, tinned or cured), pasta (dried, fresh, homemade, shop-bought, you can even use a tin of spaghetti hoops if you’re so inclined!) and courgette – also known as zucchini in certain parts of the world.
So get your culinary thinking caps on! What tasty creations can you come up with featuring salmon, pasta and courgette?
Through the Recipes for Life challenge, we’re looking for easy-to-follow, healthy dishes for members of SWALLOW’s cookery club to recreate in their sessions. Any other ingredients you use should therefore be readily available in most grocers or supermarkets.
SWALLOW is an amazing charity based in Midsomer Norton, which supports adults with learning disabilities to lead more independent lives.
The Recipes for Life challenge is running for six months and at the end, the best recipes will be included in SWALLOW’s new cookery book to help raise much-needed funds for the charity.
Recipes for Life: how to enter
- Display the Recipes for Life badge (shown above and available here) on your recipe post, and link back to this challenge post.
- You may enter as many recipe links as you like, so long as they are based on the three main ingredients selected for this month and accompanied only by everyday items.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Tuesday 25 June 2013.
- If you tweet your post, please mention #RecipesforLife, @BangerMashChat and@SWALLOWcharity in your tweet and we will retweet each one we see.
- Feel free to republish old recipe posts, but please add the information about this challenge and the Recipes for Life badge.
- As entries come in, links to these will be added to this page and at the end of the month there will be a round-up of all entries received.
- SWALLOW staff and members will choose their favourite recipe at the end of each month, and the winner will receive a small prize.
- A selection of recipes entered each month will be featured in the SWALLOW cookbook to be published later this year, helping the charity to raise much-needed funds for its ongoing work.
Thanks to everyone who has supported and taken part in Recipes for Life so far. We can’t wait to see your entries for June!
- Salmon and Prawn Fishballs in a Tomato and Courgette Sauce from Spurs Cook
- Foil-baked Shetland Salmon with Orzo & Courgette Ribbons from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Smoked Salmon, Courgette (Zucchini) & Dill Pasta from Blue Kitchen Bakes
Smoked Salmon and Courgette (Zucchini) Pasta from JibberJabberUK
- Salmon Canneloni from The Crazy Kitchen
- Smoked Salmon, Raw Courgette (Zucchini) and Spearmint Cannelloni Bites from On Top of Spaghetti
Smoked Salmon and Courgette Carbonara from Chez Foti
- Angel Hair Pasta with Salmon and Courgettes from Spurs Cook
- Warm Pasta Salad with Courgette & Herbs from The Garden Deli
- Smoked Salmon & Courgette Orzotto from Under The Blue Gum Tree
- Salmon and Courgette Ravioli from Rich in Flavour
- Simple Salmon Croquettes with Courgette & Baby Leek Hollandaise from Bangers & Mash
8 thoughts on “June’s Recipes for Life challenge: salmon, pasta and courgette (aka zucchini)”
eeek! Husband & daughter will love this one…me & the boys less so, but I’ll give it a go anyway! You know me…. 😉
My husband is allergic to fish so this is going to be a slightly tricky one in our house too! But it gives me a very good excuse to have to cook salmon, so I’m happy…