I’m on a bit of health kick these days. I assure you though, it’s not just another faddy new year’s resolution in reaction to an over-indulgence at Christmas. Since last autumn, I’ve been really trying to take a more healthy and positive approach to what I eat and how I exercise. Rather than counting the calories in absolutely everything I consume and sticking to a ridiculously restrictive diet, I’m focused on making better choices as part of my overall lifestyle and day-to-day routine, which I hope will be easier to keep up in the long run.
Being healthy shouldn’t be a chore or all about self-sacrifice and self-flagellation. I want to enjoy eating and enjoy exercise in the knowledge that I’m doing my body (and mind) some good.
So the theme for this latest Spice Trail challenge is Temple Food… as in my body is a temple. I’m looking to the food blogging community to help inspire me with their healthy, feel good recipes. Virtuous and delicious, that’s the order of the day. And, of course, nice and spicy too. So it’s not all about diet ‘rabbit food’. I’m simply after your dishes that do you good from the inside out: restorative, refreshing, reassuring and revitalising.
Win £50 worth of Marks & Spencer healthy eating products
The winner of the Temple Food challenge will receive £50 of Marks & Spencer vouchers, perfect for trying out their various healthy eating ranges. This month sees M&S launch delicious new dishes in their Count on Us (low in fat and low in calories) and Balanced for You (high protein with balanced carbs) ranges, using healthy ingredients and flavours from around the world. There are also brilliant new Guilt Free Snacking treats, so there’s no need to feel deprived when you’re trying to eat well.
How to enter The Spice Trail
- Display the The Spice Trail badge (above and also available here) on your recipe post, and link back to this challenge post.
- Up to three recipe links accepted per blogger, so long as each one fits this month’s theme and features at least one spice.
- Feel free to link up recipe posts from your archive, but please add the information about this challenge to the original post and The Spice Trail badge.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther1-at-gmail-dot-com, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Saturday 28 February 2015.
- If you tweet your post, please mention #TheSpiceTrail and me @BangerMashChat in your tweet and I’ll retweet each one I see.
- As entries come in, links to these will be added to the bottom of this page.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose the winning recipe and the winner this month will receive £50 worth of M&S vouchers.
- The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries.
- Entries from bloggers all around the world are accepted, but unfortunately the prize can only be shipped to a UK address.
- All entries will be added to The Spice Trail Pinterest Board.
I can’t wait to see your entries and what Temple Food means to you…
Temple Food entries
- Tarka Daal from The Hedgecombers
- Chestnut & Quinoa Stuffed Butternut Squash from Pebble Soup
- Chickpea & Spinach Curry from My Golden Pear
- Apple, Coconut, Mango and Kiwi Crumble from Food Glorious Food
- Kale & Cauliflower Samosas from Bangers & Mash
- Carrot, Apple & Ginger Smoothie from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Prawn & Pineapple Skewers from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Gluten-free Muhammara from Tortilla for Tea
- Spiced Lentil, Carrot and Roasted Tomato Soup from Chocolate Log Blog
- Chunky Vegetable Soup with Spinach-Cashew Pesto from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Green Goddess Smoothie from How to Cook Good Food
- Supergreens Soup from How to Cook Good Food
- Kachodi with Brinjal Curry Salad & Rice from Asan Khana
- Allspice and Paprika Poussins with Chorizo from Food Glorious Food
- Sweet Potato and Halloumi Burger from Caroline Makes
- Slimming World Fakeaway Chinese New Year Meal from Caroline Makes
- Slimming World-style Cauliflower Rice from Caroline Makes
- Miso Soup with Tofu, Asparagus, Cabbage & Furikake Seasoning from Franglais Kitchen
- Butternut Squash & Chickpea Masala Curry from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Beetroot & Chickpea Salad from SliceOffMe
- Segulu /Ragi Puttu with Peanut from Praba’s Yummy Experiments
- Cabbage Chutney from Praba’s Yummy Experiments
- Vazhai Thandu Poriyal (Banana Stem Poriyal) from Praba’s Yummy Experiments
- Crustless Melktert (Milk Tart) from My Farm Life Diary
- Beef Stir Fry from Jibber Jabber UK
- Fruit & Nut Porridge Pots from Gluten Free Alchemist
- Beetroot, Orange, Carrot & Ginger Juice from Bangers & Mash
- Sunflower Seed Soup from Cooking for Kishore
- Asian Duck Noodle Soup from Lapin d’Or
- Oatmeal & Meatballs Zereshk Stew from Maracuyti
- Thai Mango Sorbet from Maracuyti
- Freekeh Date Pilaf from Chef Mireille’s East West Realm