Take part in the Recipes for Life food bloggers challenge for your chance to see your recipe featured in a new charity cookbook!
With such a great response to the first Recipes for Life challenge, I really can’t wait to see what dishes come in this month.
Your mission for March – should you choose to accept it – is to show us what tasty and tempting dishes you can create using beetroot, carrot and cheese.
As you’ll recall from last month, this challenge is run in conjunction with a fantastic charity called SWALLOW, which supports adults with learning disabilities to lead more independent lives. SWALLOW is looking for new recipes for its members to make in their cookery lessons, and ultimately to include in its new cookbook coming out later this year. Therefore it’s important entries to Recipes for Life focus as much as possible on the three key ingredients and aren’t too complicated to make.
This month your dishes featuring beetroot, carrot and cheese can be either savoury or sweet, raw or cooked and you can use any kind of soft or hard cheese you like, just so long as it’s widely available.
Recipes for Life: how to enter
- Display the Recipes for Life badge (shown above) on your recipe post, and link back to this challenge post.
- You may enter as many recipe links as you like, so long as they are based on the three main ingredients selected for this month and accompanied only by basic store cupboard items.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Tuesday 26 March 2013.
- If you tweet your post, please mention #recipesforlife, @BangerMashChat and @SWALLOWcharity in your tweet and we will retweet each one we see.
- Feel free to republish old recipe posts, but please add the information about this challenge and the Recipes for Life badge.
- As entries come in, links to these will be added to this page and at the end of the month there will be a round-up of all entries received.
- SWALLOW staff and members will choose their favourite recipe at the end of each month, and the winner will receive a small prize.
- A selection of recipes entered each month will be featured in the SWALLOW cookbook to be published later this year, helping the charity to raise much needed funds for its ongoing work.
Any questions, please feel free to email or tweet me and best of luck with your dishes!
- Carrot and Beetroot Soup with Cheesy Croutons from The Garden Deli
- Beetroot and Carrot Pancakes with Herby Mascarpone from Bangers & Mash
- Roasted Roots and an Easy Roasted Roots Pizza from Chez Foti
- Baked Cheesy Meatballs with Beetroot Sauce from The Crazy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable and Goat’s Cheese Risotto from Under The Blue Gum Tree
- Two-of-your-five-a-day Chocolate Cake from The Crazy Kitchen
- Beetroot, Carrot and Cottage Cheese Salad from The Crazy Kitchen
- Beetroot, Carrot and Goat’s Cheese Tatin from Martin at The Tempest Arms
- Beetroot, Carrot and Goat’s Cheese Muffins from Chocolate Log Blog
- Beetroot, Carrot and Feta Cheese Salad from Bangers & Mash
- Carrot and beetroot cake with a cream cheese topping from Lucy at The Bell Inn