There’s nothing quite like a big family feast or party to mark the season’s festivities. Whether you’re celebrating Christmas, Eid, Diwali or Hanukkah, food’s at the heart of it all.
Whatever you’re celebrating, this month on the Family Foodies challenge we want to hear about your favourite family foods and drinks that are guaranteed to get your party started.
What are your must-have treats? Do you have any festive foodie traditions that have been passed down from one generation to another? What were your own childhood favourites from family get-togethers and what do your own kids lick their lips at during the party season?
Win Made In India
The prize for one lucky winner is a copy of Meera Sodha’s much-acclaimed Made in India: Cooked in Britain – Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen, which is bursting with fresh and vibrant recipe ideas collected from three generations of her family.
The closing date for entries this month is Monday 29 December. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Family Foodie entry guidelines
- You may submit any recipe on your blog that fits this month’s theme, new or from the archive, although there is a limit of three entries per blogger. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own, please give the appropriate credit.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Monday 29 December 2014.
- Display the Family Foodies badge (below) on your recipe post, with a link back to both Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash, as well as details of this month’s challenge.
- If you’re on Twitter, then please tweet your post to myself @BangerMashChat and Lou @Eat_Your_Veg and include the hashtag #FamilyFoodies. We’ll retweet all that we see.
- You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere, but prizes can only be posted to UK addresses.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
- All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board.
For details of other foodie challenges, competitions and giveaways, head over to The Food Blog Diary.
- Mulled Grape Juice from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Spiced Cranberry & Clementine Smoothie from How to Cook Good Food
- Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake from Bangers & Mash
- Turkey Meatloaf with Apple & Celery from Caroline Makes
- Dairy-free Vegan Frozen Cupcakes from Caroline Makes
- Make-ahead Leek & Poppy Seed Sausage Rolls from Ren Behan
- Spiced Olive Oil Cupcakes for Chanukah from Family-Friends-Food
- Winter Root & Brussels Tops Stir-fry with Sesame from Family-Friends-Food
- Roasted Pear & Mincemeat Crumble Tarts from How to Cook Good Food
- Chocolate Mincemeat Tart from Farmers Girl Kitchen
- Easy Chocolate Christmas Trees from Family-Friends-Food
- Brussels Sprout & Root Vegetable Bubble & Squeak with Braised Chicken from Franglais Kitchen
- Chocolate and Fig Panforte from The More Than Occasional Baker
- Reindeer Cupcakes from The Dream Baker
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls from Green Gourmet Giraffe
- Stollen Biscuit Bites from How to Cook Good Food
- Less Sinful Mince Pies from Caroline Makes
- Saffron and Cardamom Sweet Buns from Lavender & Lovage
- Gluten-free Gingerbread House from Gluten Free Alchemist
- Peppermint Candy Cane Christmas Chocolates from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Party Vol-au-vents from Bangers & Mash
- Fig and Mincemeat Bundt Cake from Chocolate Log Blog
- French Macarons with Mint Chocolate Ganache from The Dream Baker
- Christmas Vegetable Strudel from How to Cook Good Food
- Festive Dips and Sticks from Eat Your Veg
- Longan Red Dates with Tang Yuan from The Dream Baker
- Christmas Cake from Searching for Spice
- Spicy Pepper Curry from Home Cook Food
- Chestnut Maple Snowflakes from Lancashire Food
- Chocolate, Cranberry and Ginger Bundt Cake from Jibber Jabber UK