In my eyes, Italian food has to be one of the most child-friendly cuisines in the world, in the same way Italian restaurants are very often the most child-friendly places to eat with little ones in tow.
Italian dishes feature frequently in my family meal plans. There’s the now staple penne with pesto or a simple tomato sauce, spaghetti with meatballs, crowd-pleasing macaroni cheese and homely lasagne. There’s pizza and calzone – both the homemade and from-the-freezer varieties. There’s gnocchi and minestrone soup and risotto. And then there’s the puddings – the ice creams and semi-freddo, the tirimisu and panna cotta.
So for our latest Family Foodies challenge, we’re inviting food bloggers to share their favourite family-friendly, Italian-inspired dishes. From the traditional and authentic to your own unique twists on Italian classics, all are welcome at our Italian-themed feast.
What will you bring to the party?
Family Foodies entry guidelines
- You may submit any recipe on your blog that fits this month’s theme, new or from the archive, although there is a limit of three entries per blogger. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own, please give the appropriate credit.
- Send your recipe URL to me at bangermashchat-at-gmail-dot-com, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Sunday 31 May 2015.
- Display the Family Foodies badge (below) on your recipe post, with a link back to both Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash, as well as details of this month’s challenge.
- If you’re on Twitter, then please tweet your post to myself @BangerMashChat and Lou @Eat_Your_Veg and include the hashtag #FamilyFoodies. We’ll retweet all that we see.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
- All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board.
- Seafood Pasta from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Mushroom Pasta from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Mackerel and Chilli Pasta from Eat Like You Love Yourself
- Gratin Polesano (potato & cheese gratin) from Bangers & Mash
- Quick Tomato Sauce with Seaweed from Tin & Thyme
- Minestrone Soup with Nettle & Smoked Cheese Pesto from Tortilla for Tea
- Poached Pears in Red Wine and Spices from Bangers & Mash
- Lemon Rosemary Olive Oil Cake from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Meatballs with a Hidden Veggie Tomato Sauce from Eat Your Veg
- Lemon & Almond Ricotta Cakes from The Baking Explorer
- Tagliatelle with Chicken, Asparagus & Purple Sprouting Broccoli from Bangers & Mash
- Apple & Custard Lasagne from Foodie Quine
- Ethiopian Eritrean Spaghetti Zigni from Allotment2Kitchen
- Italian Stuffed Peppers from Caroline Makes…
- Tuna ‘Meatballs’ with Courgetti, Spaghetti & Tomato Sauce from Family Friends Food
- Gnocchi, Tomato & Summer Veggie Bake from Eat Your Veg
- Baked Carrot and Feta Risotto from Green Gourmet Giraffe