If you’re in the mood for an ‘Indian’ but fancy something a little more adventurous than your usual Saturday night chicken curry and naan bread, here is some spicy inspiration to stir up your senses from food bloggers across the globe.
(1) Saag Paneer and (2) Paneer Tikka from Eat Like You Love Yourself
(3) Channa Saag-ish from I’ll Cook, You Wash
(4) Marinated Paneer Salad from Searching for Spice
(5) Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Spiced Vegetables and (6) Raitas from Bangers & Mash
(7) Vegan Slow Cooker Red Lentil Dhal from Mess Makes Food
(8) Curried Cream of Cauliflower Soup from Brittany Jackson
(9) Tandoori Chicken with Coronation Macaroni from Chef Mel’s Kitchen
(10) Puttu with Kadala Curry from Subha’s Dairy Free Treats
(11) Quinoa Carrot ‘Meatballs’ in Tamarind Sauce from Allotment 2 Kitchen
(12) Vegan Marrow Curry with Tricolour Couscous from Allotment 2 Kitchen
(13) Gujarati Thali from Home Cook Food
(14) Spicy Stuffed Baby Eggplants from Home Cook Food
(15) Dal Bukhara from Home Cook Food
(16) Eggless Kesar Milk Masala Custard & Sooji Halwa (Sheera) Dessert from CHINSKITCHEN
(17) Kulfi from Cakes from Kim
And the winner is…
I’m delighted to announce the winner of this month’s Indian-themed Spice Trail challenge is Miss Messy (aka Holly from Mess Makes Food) for her heavenly and insanely tempting Slow Cooker Red Lentil Dahl – don’t you just want to dive right in?
Holly is the lucky winner of a brilliant hamper of Indian goodies from Natco, purveyors of the most fantastic and comprehensive range of Indian foods and spices. You can find out more about their ingredients at www.natco-online.com.
Massive congratulations to Holly and thanks to everyone who submitted entries for this India-inspired challenge. If you’re up for another challenge, October’s Spice Trail is open and the theme is Preserves and Pickles.