It’s safe to say autumn has arrived here in the UK. Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. Plus all those glorious pickles, chutneys, jams and all manner of preserves.
That’s why October’s theme for The Spice Trail simply has to be Preserves & Pickles. This month I’m looking for your pickled pears, onions or even eggs, your piccalillis and preserved lemons, chunky chutneys, fruit-laden jams, jellies and marmalades. All are welcome – just so long as they also include a healthy pinch of spice!
And what would go better with all those pickles and preserves than a tasty hunk of cheese? One lucky winner this month will receive a fabulous Cheese & Olives hamper from Serenata Hampers. Featuring a trio of beautiful cheeses (Abbots Choice Cheddar, Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton and a Wensleydale with cranberries), specially selected garlic and chilli olives and crunchy oatcakes, this hamper offers a superb collection of delicacies for all real food lovers.
How to enter The Spice Trail
- Display the The Spice Trail badge (above and also available here) on your recipe post, and link back to this challenge post.
- Up to three recipe links accepted per blogger, so long as each one fits this month’s theme and features at least one spice.
- Feel free to link up recipe posts from your archive, but please add the information about this challenge to the post and The Spice Trail badge.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Friday 31 October 2014.
- If you tweet your post, please mention #TheSpiceTrail and me @BangerMashChat in your tweet and I’ll retweet each one I see.
- As entries come in, links to these will be added to the bottom of this page.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and the winner this month will receive a Serenata Cheese & Olives hamper.
- The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries.
- Entries from bloggers all around the world are accepted, but unfortunately the prize can only be shipped to a UK address.
- All entries will be added to The Spice Trail Pinterest Board.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your entries, and do watch this space for the round-up of September’s A Taste of India challenge.
- Tomatillo and Tomato Chutney from Mrs Portly’s Kitchen
- Simple Beetroot Pickle from Bangers & Mash
- Green Bean and Caramelised Onion Chutney from The Gluten Free Alchemist
- Carrot and Green Chili Pickle from Home Cook Food
- Apple and Sprouted Chickpeas Pickle from Home Cook Food
- Sweet and Spicy Lemon Pickle from Home Cook Food
- Mango and Chilli Chutney from Bangers & Mash
- Fiery Pineapple Chutney from Lapin d’Or & More