Enter your Summer Spice dishes to win a fantastic gift set from Holy Lama Spice Drops!
I’m giving you almost completely free reign with your choice of spice in this month’s Spice Trail challenge. So long as your dish has a sense of summer about it and a splash a spice, then it fits the bill.
Your dish could come from any of the four corners of the world, be sweet or savoury, snack or main course, drink or dessert – the choice is completely yours. Just so long as it’s a) spicy and b) summery, and I’ll be happy!
Holy Lama! What a prize!
This month the lovely Gouri Kubair from Holy Lama (a chartered accountant turned serious foodie) is our guest judge and she’s offering an amazing prize for one very lucky winner – a gift set of summery Holy Lama Spice Drops, including fennel seed, mint, lemongrass, rose and pepper, presented in a beautiful handcrafted wooden stand.
The Spice Drops range of products, which recently came in the top 5 in Ocado’s ‘Top Supplier’ competition, are concentrated extracts of natural spices and herbs in the form of drops, offering a simpler, more consistent way to infuse food and drink with pure, vibrant flavours. Forget peeling, grinding, scraping and measuring and simply add a drop or two at any stage of the cooking process. Spice Drops contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, and a few drops go a long way!
What’s more, Holy Lama manufactures their products in an ethically-run factory employing marginalised women in the local community in Kerala, India.
See the full range of Spice Drops on the Holy Lama website and read a recent interview with Gouri here.
So what are you waiting for? I really can’t wait to see your Summer Spice entries!
How to enter The Spice Trail
- Display the The Spice Trail badge (above and also available here) on your recipe post, and link back to this challenge post.
- Up to three recipe links accepted per blogger, so long as they each one has a Summer Spice theme and features at least one spice.
- Feel free to link up recipe posts from your archive, but please add the information about this challenge to the post and The Spice Trail badge.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Tuesday 29 July 2014.
- If you tweet your post, please mention #TheSpiceTrail and me @BangerMashChat in your tweet and I’ll retweet each one I see.
- As entries come in, links to these will be added to the bottom of this page.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe and the winner this month will receive a gift set from Holy Lama.
- The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries.
- Entries from bloggers all around the world are accepted, but unfortunately the prize can only be shipped to a UK address.
- All entries will be added to The Spice Trail Pinterest Board.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your Summer Spice dishes and drinks. Any questions, please tweet or email me.
And thanks to everyone who entered June’s cumin challenge – the round-up and winner announcement will be coming very soon.
- Mint and Indian Cottage Cheese Patties from Home Cook Food
- Usirikaya Pachadi / Goose Berry Pickle from Sahasra Recipes
- Ginger Zinger Cake from Lancashire Food
- Kale Spinach Muthia from Home Cook Food
- Chimichurri Sauce from Home Cook Food
- Summer Coolant Salad from Drizzling Delicacies
- Chipotle Chilli Sauce from How to Cook Good Food
- Lemon, Lavender & Almond Cake from Family-Friends-Food
- Peach Streusel Kuchen Traybake from Tales From the Kitchen Shed
- Mejadra – Middle Eastern Rice & Lentils from Family-Friends-Food
- Courgette Pakoras from Lapin d’Or and More
- Fasulye with Dukkah Roasted Tofu from Chocolate Log Blog
- Apple & Pineapple Eve’s Pudding from Casa Costello
- Briouates Stuffed with Spinach & Meat from Madhouse Family Reviews
- Patatas a lo pobre (poor man’s potatoes) from Madhouse Family Reviews
- Moroccan Kefta Meatball Tagine from Madhouse Family Reviews
- Bobotie Spiced Beef Burgers from Bangers & Mash
Summer Spice image: nkzs
9 thoughts on “The Spice Trail: summer spice challenge”
Thanks for the pingback on the Gouri Kubair interview. Love Spice Drops – such versatile and incredibly vibrant products! 🙂
They do sound rather fantastic. I’m looking forward to trying them for myself very soon…
Am too late to join this linky. Am intrigued by the spice drops. Never seen them before. Will have to experiment to see how it works.