Since frugal food is the order of the day in the Bangers & Mash household this week as we take part in the Live Below the Line challenge, it made sense for this month’s Family Foodies challenge to also echo the frugal theme.
We’re after your Cheap & Cheerful ideas for family food – be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, snack or pudding, or even drinks – so long as it tastes good, doesn’t cost much to make and appeals to the whole family, we want your recipes!
All you have to do is post your favourite frugal family foods on your own blog and link up to this post before the end of the month. There’s a lovely Passion 4 Juice recipe book up for grabs for the winner, crammed with gorgeously healthy and delicious fresh juice and smoothie ideas you and your family will adore.
Family Foodie Entry Guidelines:
- You may submit any recipe on your blog that fits this month’s theme, new or from the archive, and there is a limit of three entries per blogger. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own, please give the appropriate credit.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Wednesday 28 May 2014.
- Display the Family Foodies badge (above) on your recipe post, with a link back to both Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash, as well as details of this month’s challenge.
- If you’re on Twitter, then please tweet your post to myself @BangerMashChat and Lou @Eat_Your_Veg and include the hashtag #FamilyFoodies. We’ll retweet all that we see.
- You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere, but prizes can only be posted out to UK addresses.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
- All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board.
I can’t wait to see your entries! Any questions, drop me an email at the address above.
- Chocolate Cake for less than £1 from Utterly Scrummy Food for Families
- Chanar Payesh ( Bengali Style Cottage Cheese Pudding) from Home Cook Food
- Cheesy Pesto Pasta from Home Cook Food
- Quiche Lorraine with Slow Cooked Pulled Gammon from Fab Food 4 All
- Spinach, Chickpeas and Peppercorns from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche from The More Than Occasional Baker
- Sriracha Eggplant and Tofu from Home Cook Food
- 5 Minute Smoothie Soup from Tinned Tomatoes
- Chocolate Cake for £1 from Chocolate Log Blog
- Braised Oxtail with Smoked Bacon from Bangers & Mash
- Chicken, Apple & Sage Nuggets from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Easy Cheesy Muffins from Eat Your Veg
- Penne with Speck and Leeks from Leeks & Limoni
- Burritos with Cumin and Eggs from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Veggie Sausage and Pepper Pasta Bake from Family – Friends – Food
- Beet Parathas from The Odd Pantry
- £1 Chocolate Fudge Cake from Tales from the Kitchen Shed
- Veggie Burritos from Eat Your Veg
- How to Make Chocolate Cake for Only £1 from Caroline Makes
- Chocolate, Banana and Peanut Butter Cake for £1 from The More Than Occasional Baker
- Nutella Bread and Butter Pudding from Family – Friends – Food
- Spicy Chana Dal Cottage Pie from Bangers & Mash
- Oaty Banana and Raisin Bites from Searching for Spice
- Chocolate Syrup Cake for £1 from Leeks & Limoni
- Guacamole Hush Puppies from Spices Galore
- Meatball and Red Pepper Pasta Bake from Gingey Bites
- Healthy Mushroom Soup from Feeding Boys and a Firefighter