Wanted: your Fab Fast Food for the Family Foodies challenge!
While I am of course rather prone to abundant alliteration, my real reasons for choosing this month’s theme for the Family Foodies challenge are entirely selfish.
I have an urgent, personal need for your suggestions for super speedy suppers and fabulously fast family food. For the next couple of months I am upping my working hours by combining two part-time, in-house jobs and, if I stand any chance of sitting down with my family for evening meals, I’ll need a tried-and-tested list of quick and easy meals up my sleeve that can be rustled up in a matter of minutes.
So speed is of the essence in this challenge – anything that can be cooked in 30 minutes or less is perfect – but it’s also got to be tasty and appealing, and if you can squeeze in the odd healthy ingredient or two, then so much the better.
Up for the challenge? Simply post your favourite fast family foods on your own blog and link up to this post before the end of the month. I’ll be eternally grateful for your ideas, I promise you, but if that’s not enough of an incentive, there’s also the prospect of winning a copy of the Madhouse Cookbook by acclaimed food stylist, writer and presenter, Jo Pratt.
Family Foodie Entry Guidelines:
- You may submit any recipe on your blog that fits this month’s theme, new or from the archive, and feel free to enter as many times as you wish. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own, please give the appropriate credit.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Friday 28 March 2014.
- Display the Family Foodies badge (below) on your recipe post, with a link back to both Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash, as well as details of this month’s challenge.
- If you’re on Twitter, then please tweet your post to myself @BangerMashChat and Lou @Eat_Your_Veg and include the hashtag #FamilyFoodies. We’ll retweet all that we see.
- You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere, but prizes can only be posted out to UK addresses.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
- All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board.
I really can’t wait to see your entries for March’s Family Foodies. I know I say that at the end of every challenge post but I really, really mean it this month. Otherwise my children might well be surviving on beans on toast in the coming months…
- Methi Vegetable Malai from Home Cook Food
- Spaghetti with Mushroom, Spinach & Pancetta Sauce from Julie’s Family Kitchen
- Baked Sea Bass with Ginger, Garlic & Chilli and Miso Rice from Bangers & Mash
- Kala Chana Aur Methi Curry from Home Cook Food
- Spicy Chickpeas from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Chicken & Veggie Chow Mein from Eat Your Veg
- Stir-Fry on a Budget from Happiness is Homemade
- Zesty Tuna Pasta from Family – Friends – Food
- Gluten Free Pancakes from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Baked Rice with Spinach, Cannellini Beans and Eggs from Bangers & Mash
- Coco-Banana Freeze Bites from The Gluten Free Alchemist
- Mint and Coriander Leaves Paratha from Home Cook Food
- Creamy Pesto Pancetta, Peas and Mushrooms with Spirali Pasta from Julie’s Family Kitchen
- Bruschetta Pasta and Italian Platter from Home Cook Food
- Healthier Tuna Mayo from Eat Your Veg
- Beef and Broccoli Pasta from Elizabeth’s Kitchen
- Eggplant Rice from Home Cook Food
- Chicken Chow Mein from Lancashire Food
- Speedy Hot Dog Pasta from JibberJabberUK
- Chicken Soup with Rice from Bangers & Mash
- Quirky Quinoa Patties from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Naked Egg Inspired Pasta from Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous
- Gnocchi with Chorizo, Spinach and Tomato Sauce from Julie’s Family Kitchen
- Zesty Salmon Goujons from Feeding Boys
Beef Noodle Soup from Searching for Spice
- French Toast Pizza Rolls from Family – Friends – Food
- Potato Quinoa Tikki from My Receipes
- Pan Fried Salmon and a Syrian Potato Salad from Farmersgirl Kitchen
- Bread Tarts from Eat Your Veg
- Bok Choy and Edamame Miso Stir Fry from The Taste Space
- Banana & Mincemeat Buns from Chocolate Log Blog
- Fresh Herb & Tapenade Flatbreads from How to Cook Good Food