Win a Higgidy Pie Party
There is something quintessentially British about the pie. In any poll of favourite British foods, some form of pie is sure to be near the top of the list.
I am a sucker for a tasty pie as much as the next person. From a no-nonsense steak and kidney pie with a huge puff pastry crown to a traditional Melton Mowbray pork pie in hot water crust pastry; from a comforting cottage pie with its topping of creamy mash to an autumnal blackberry and apple pie smothered in lashings of rich custard, the perfect British pie in all its guises is like a warm hug in a dish.
In celebration of British Pie Week (3-9 March), West Sussex based pie-makers Higgidy are hosting a Pie Party and you are invited! I have one special Higgidy Pie Party pack to give away, with everything you need for a pie-themed party.
I am rather partial to a Higgidy pie – I reckon they taste as good as homemade, if not better. They freshly bake their pies by hand every day, and fill them with delicious ingredients just like you or I would use in our own kitchens.
To win a Higgidy Pie Party pack, simply leave a comment below by Tuesday 25 February, letting me know your all-time favourite pie.
The party pack contains party hats, balloons, place cards, and of course, enough meat and vegetarian pies for 12 to enjoy for dinner (or lunch if you’d prefer). What better excuse to get some friends round to share a home-cooked meal, and celebrate the humble but oh so heavenly pie?
Terms and Conditions
By taking part in this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions:
- This prize draw is only open to residents of the UK.
- Closing date is Tuesday 25 February 2014.
- No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- Each winner will receive a pack containing party accessories for 12 and 12 pies. Higgidy accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The prize pies will be a mix of meat and vegetarian products.
- The winners will be notified by email, and sent their prize from Higgidy via courier.
- All prizes will be delivered on Thursday 6 March.
- Prizes will be delivered to the address given on prize draw entry, unless an alternative is agreed in writing with Higgidy.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Higgidy retains the right to substitute the prize, or any of its contents, with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winners names may be promoted on Higgidy’s website or social media websites.
- No purchase necessary.
- Higgidy accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize. Higgidy further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the prize draw.
- Higgidy reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this prize draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Higgidy in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.