Hot on the heels of The Spice Trail, today I bring you news of a second blog event I am hosting here on Bangers & Mash this month.
Family Foodies is the brain child of Lou at Eat Your Veg and I was thrilled when she invited me to co-host this recipe-sharing challenge with her. October was the inaugural month and the Weekend Slowies theme attracted a fantastic array of tempting recipes, providing lots of ideas for delicious family food to cook when you have a little more time to spend in the kitchen.
Now it’s my turn to host the challenge and for November the theme is Lunchbox Ideas.
Every parent and carer knows how easy it is to get stuck in a rut when it comes to thinking up tasty and appealing fillers for packed lunches. So come on fellow food bloggers – let’s get together and pool our ideas for easy, healthy ways to fill our children’s tummies, make sure they get their five-a-day, tickle and tantalize their taste buds, all while giving them a loving, foodie ‘hug from home’.
Whether it’s suggestions for nutritious sandwich fillings or different types of homemade bread or wraps, new takes on salads or dips, or inspiring twists on muffins, flapjacks or other home-baked goodies – we want to know what your children love to eat in their lunchboxes and how to give them them the energy boost and brain power they need for the afternoon ahead.
Oh, and there just might be a prize for the best lunchbox idea at the end of the month too!
Family Foodie Entry Guidelines:
- You may submit any recipe on your blog that fits this month’s theme, new or from the archive, and feel free to enter as many times as you wish. You’re also welcome to submit the post to other challenges too. If the recipe is not your own, please give the appropriate credit.
- Send your recipe URL to me at vanesther-at-reescommunications-dot-co-dot-uk, including your own email address and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date this month is Thursday 28 November 2013.
- Display the Family Foodies badge (above) on your recipe post, with a link back to both Eat Your Veg and Bangers & Mash, as well as details of this month’s challenge.
- If you’re on Twitter, then please tweet your post to myself @BangerMashChat and Lou @Eat_Your_Veg and include the hashtag #FamilyFoodies. We’ll retweet all that we see.
- You may enter from anywhere in the blogosphere, and we’ll happily post out any prizes.
- At the end of the month a guest judge will choose a winning recipe. The winner will be announced in a monthly round-up of all the entries. Winners will get to display a Family Foodie Winner annotated badge on their blog if they wish and their recipe will go through to the Family Foodies Hall of Fame on each of our sites.
- All entries will be added to the Family Foodies Pinterest Group Board.
I’m really looking forward to seeing your entries!
- Bread Pudding from The Crazy Kitchen
- Savoury Vegetable Cake from Allotment 2 Kitchen
- Apple & Smoked Cheese Pasties from The Garden Deli
- Chocolate, Orange & Cranberry Cookies from Utterly Scrummy
- Bento Sushi Rice Shapes from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary
- Super-Fruity Banana Loaf Cake from Eat Your Veg
- Spiced Muesli Cake from The Crazy Kitchen
- Soul-Cakes from Lavender & Lovage
- Honey Mustard Sausage Plaits from Mint Custard
- Gluten Free Sausage, Bacon and Apple Rolls from the Gluten Free Alchemist
- Cheesy Pumpkin Scones from Eat Your Veg
- Easy Iced Lime Cake from Fab Food 4 All
- Mini Lunchbox Pasties and Tarts from Bangers & Mash
- Spiced Pumpkin and Chocolate Muffins from Leeks & Limoni
- Chilli Corn Chocolate Muffins from Chocolate Log Blog
- Luchito Honey Glazed Ham from Eat Your Veg
- Pumpkin, Walnut & Poppy Seed Muffins with Cheddar Cheese from Lavender & Lovage
- Cheddar Cheese, Apple & Sage Scones from Bangers & Mash
- Hedgehog Rolls from Eat Your Veg
- Dried Fruit & Nut Balls from Bangers & Mash